The best quality is basic. DreamKick Taekwondo has a variety of structured School Oath and Student Creed is important part of our training. The School Oath is recited aloud beginning of class. It is a set of guidelines from which students pattern their training and life. The Student Creed is recited aloud after each class. This creed describes the expectations of behavior once a student leaves our studio. All of our students are expected to know and live by these simple rules in order to be great role models for the future and to maintain a respectable standard as citizens in our community.
DREAMKICK TAEKWONDO OATH
2. Self- Control
5. Indomitable Spirit
1. I will build positive habits and attitudes in myself, Sir.
2. I will develop focus and self discipline to bring out the best in myself, Sir.
3. I will be an example to all of goodness and honor, Sir.
4. I will use Taekwondo properly and never misuse my training, Sir.
5. I will respect, support and show loyalty to my family, school, and community, Sir.
DREAM BIG! KICK HIGH!
Courtesy is one of the Taekwondo tenets.
Rules are not interference or regulation, but a necessary virtue to succeed in social life.
Every great achievement begins with keeping a small task.
1.Students should bow respectfully upon the first encounter instructors. What is bow- The bow is an Eastern form of greeting. Why do you bow- We bow to show sincerity and respect.
How to bow
a. The student stands at attention - head up, shoulders down, back straight, hands side of the body.
b. Bend upper body about 45 degree angle and look downward in front of the person
c. The students bow while saying "An-nyung haship-nikka, Sir/Mam?
2. Address your instructor as “Master” and respond to any questions or commands from your instructor with “YES, Sir/Mam” or “NO, Sir/Mam.” Students must use the word “Sir” or “Ma’am” when speaking to instructors.
3. Show respect to higher ranks, instructors, other parents.
4. Students should wear clean Do-bok (uniform) at all times.
5. Your attendance system will be prepared for you when you enroll into our program. Every time you come to class, check in at the counter and see how you progress.
6. Vacations or Extended Absence. If you will be missing classes for more than two weeks, please notify the office so that you may add the time to the end of your program or can make up when you return.
7. Belt Promotion Examination. We have a promotional exam every three months. You must have attended a minimum of 20 classes for belt promotion permission. The requirements for the promotion exam are six areas including in oral and physical techniques. Information per rank level is readily available for you to review and study. Belt certification & Event fees are extra.
1. Students should arrive 5-10 minutes before class and get ready on time. As soon as students enter the studio, they fall to their knees and meditate on weekly subject.
If you arrive late;
a. enter, bow, wait for permission from instructor
b. then bow again and run to the rear of the class
2. Student may only attend classes for their age, belt rank at least twice a week. TaeKwonDo is for your health, self-defense, and mental discipline all of which require constant practice.
3. Each class will have a formal opening and closing ceremony consisting of a bow to the national flags and the instructor. The school oath and student creed is recited aloud.
4. When tying belt or fixing your uniform, do not face the Instructor, higher belts, or flags
5. Remove shoes upon entering the training studio. Put your shoes and sparring bags neatly on the selves.
6. Unnecessary noise, talking during Class will not be permitted.
7. No food, beverage or chewing gum will be allowed on the training studio.
8. Students will begin the sparring class after they reach the rank of Green belt. Protective equipment is mandatory during the class. Student must bring Dreamkick gear only.
9. Report all injuries during the class to the Instructor.
10. Masters/Instructors/Schedule may change without notice.
We practice the official standard of belts through our head organization, the standards set by the World Taekwondo Federation in Seoul, Korea. All of our Black Belts are Kukkiwon certified. All of our Taekwondo Masters/Instructors are Kukkiwon certified.